Saturday, October 10, 2015

7.3 Analyzing My Audience for Project 2

Who am I writing for? What are the Audiences beliefs and assumptions?


My primary audience would be my fellow classmates, but I will likely write for an audience that would be in this field or related to this field.  Most audiences' view towards the uncanny valley (those who know about it at least) would be that it's a valid and recognized theory (as it does seem fairly intuitive).  Therefore my paper would geared to an audience that has the opposite view of what this paper presents.

What position might they take on this issue?  How will I need to respond to this position?


As stated above, they likely already subscribe to the uncanny valley.  My first task would be to get them to doubt the validity of the theory.  My best bet would be to present the lack of scientific data on the theory, and hope that a scientific/technology based audience would accept that.

What will they want to know?


They will want to see what research there is on the uncanny valley.  Since the theory is somewhat intuitive, the audience will need to see/hear all arguments against it to prove the point.

How might they react to my argument?


Anyone logically minded might accept the argument and doubt the validity of the theory.  More emotionally minded people might get defensive of the theory and not accept the argument.

How am I trying to relate to or connect with my audience?


I'll have to approach it logically and scientifically, as that's how the original article and audience were.  Since the argument boils down to 'it's really not proven', I'm not sure if there's much of an emotional angle to go at.

Are there any specific words, ideas, or modes of presentation that will help me relate to them in this way?


I need to relate all of the original sources the article used for its argument, as 'proof' is my best tool.  My best bet would be to focus on the references and research to prove my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment